As true business partners, we understand the importance of negotiating and closing deals effectively to achieve your business goals. The business and commercial law team at DS Lawyers Canada advises companies of all sizes on the strategic and commercial issues they face during their day-to-day activities, complex operations or strategic planning.
We offer advice on all facets of business operations and strategic planning, including starting a new business, compliance, governance, financing, the acquisition or sale of all or part of a business and corporate restructuring, including entrepreneurial acquisition.
Here is an overview of our main areas of expertise:
- Corporate structuring: We can advise you on the best legal structure for your business, whether you are a corporation, partnership, sole proprietorship or other type of organization. We will help you incorporate your business, draw up the articles of incorporation and memorandum of association, and handle legal formalities.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial contracts: We draft, negotiate and revise all types of commercial contracts, such as sales contracts, service contracts, distribution contracts, licensing agreements and franchise agreements. We will ensure that your interests are protected and that contractual clauses comply with current regulations.
- Mergers and acquisitions: We can guide you in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures. We will conduct thorough due diligence, draw up sale and purchase agreements, and assist you throughout the process of the transaction. Our goal is to secure your interests and facilitate a successful transaction.
- Corporate restructuring: In the event of corporate restructuring, we can advise you on the best options available, such as mergers, splitting, spin-offs or a change in legal form. We will help you every step of the way, including by drafting the necessary documents and taking care of legal formalities.
- Corporate governance: We can help you implement a solid and effective governance structure by advising you on best practices and legal requirements in corporate governance. We will help you draw up by-laws, hold meetings of corporate bodies and manage conflicts of interest.
- Trademarks: We can help you protect and manage your trademarks. We will advise you on selecting and registering your trademarks, availability research, drafting and filing registration applications, and monitoring intellectual property rights. In the event of a dispute, our intellectual property litigation team will represent you before the competent courts.
- International trade and customs: We can help you with your international operations and cross-border commercial transactions. We will advise you on customs regulations, compliance requirements and trade flow optimization strategies. We can also assist you in managing international contracts, Incoterms, issues related to international sanctions and international commercial disputes.
Our team of seasoned, entrepreneurial-minded lawyers provides tailor-made legal strategies and the most advantageous legal and commercial solutions on the market.