Our dispute resolution teams rely on the firm’s large pool of skills. DS Lawyers’ expertise covers an extremely wide range of sectors, including, in particular :
- Space, automotive and naval construction ;
- Energy ;
- Fusions / acquisitions and joint-ventures ;
- Hotel management ;
- Engineering, construction and projects ;
- International investments ;
- Licensing and technological cooperation ;
- Telecommunication and it ;
- International sales.
Our International Arbitration team is made up of multilingual and multi-cultural lawyers of different nationalities working across numerous jurisdictions. It relies on DS Avocats’ extensive skills pool to advise our clients on a wide-range of complex international arbitrations.
We also have teams who are highly experienced in litigation in every jurisdiction where we have an office. These teams can be mobilised to provide additional assistance with arbitration procedures or as part of normal commercial procedures.
They also regularly work closely with the most renowned arbitration institutions, such as the following :
- The ICC ;
- LCIA in London ;
- The Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce ;
- The Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) and the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) ;
- Chinese arbitration centres: CIETAC in Beijing, SHIAC in Shanghai, and SCIA in Shenzhen.
Several of our specialists are member of these institutions’ arbitration panels.
At DS Lawyers we believe that it is in the client’s greatest interest to first consider and, if possible, implement all alternatives to litigation, arbitration or court proceedings.
Each file is assessed in close cooperation with the client and all available negotiation and mediation options are considered. If litigation cannot be avoided, we provide our clients with the most effective strategy from a cost and procedural perspective.
We also advise on the drafting of contracts, suggesting the most effective provisions to protect against litigation :
- Drafting customised dispute resolution clauses ;
- Choice of governing law ;
- Choice of arbitration seat ;