This major economic sector, which remains sensitive to economic and geopolitical fluctuations, has experienced profound changes due to demographic [shifts], urbanisation, and the need to at the same time respond to the demand for new services and the restrictions imposed by sustainable development. Increased awareness of environmental impact, the emergence of new consumption patterns and the evolving use of buildings (co-working, co-living), the advent of digitalisation at all stages of a real estate project, the diversification of financing methods, reversibility and obsolescence are also factors that lead to changes in the legislative framework.
From real estate transaction impact studies, through to development and asset management, our clients rely on our recognised know-how to respond to all legal, judicial and financial challenges they encounter, at all stages of their projects.
Our services :
When it comes to transactions, asset management, project development and structuring and construction, we advise public and private project managers, planners, developers, construction and other companies, institutional bodies, investors and end users on all stages of their projects :
- Investments / divestments of real estate assets ;
- Mergers and acquisitions ;
- Urban planning, urban and commercial design, public contracts ;
- The financial and legal structuring of transactions ;
- All types of leases ;
- Development and construction ;
- Environment, renewable energy ;
- Land management, including in the public domain ;
We advise on day-to-day and complex transactions in all sectors of activity: offices, commercial property, logistics, hospitality, residential property, healthcare, etc.
Our construction law experts advise their clients at the following stages :
- Pre-transaction, the negotiation of works contracts and agreements and pre-construction surveys (référé préventif) ;
- During the building process, bankruptcy filing, performance issues, additional works, relations with sub-contractors, etc.
- Handover of works (definition of completion of works, determination of reserves, drawing up works accounts, etc).
Our teams have also developed specialised know-how in the negotiated and contentious management of claims under builder’s liability insurance (assurance dommages-ouvrage).
Public projects and programmes
Our specialised public business law team also assists clients in the building sector and with large structuring projects and relies on its proven know-how to advise public and para-public operators on public contracts, public economic law and general public law, including on :
- Contractual arrangements :
- Handovers ;
- Monitoring of contractual relations ;
- Litigation ;
- State subsidies ;
- Public-private partnerships (PPP), concessions.
- Public domain :
- Administrative liability ;
- Damages from public works ;
- Law of public and para-public structures ;
- Regional authority law.
We use our international Desks to share the experience of our various teams, so our clients can benefit from cross-functional offering, in particular in the following areas:
- Sustainable and intelligent cities and regions ;
- Compliance ;