At DS Lawyers Canada, we know that tax law considerations have an impact on every transaction and on the ability of every business to run smoothly. We offer our clients a full range of tax advice, tax planning and tax litigation services in Canada and internationally, including on corporate, investment and commercial real estate matters.
The tax lawyers at DS Lawyers Canada have advised countless entrepreneurs, trusts and individuals on a wide variety of income tax issues. They have assisted a range of companies and facilitated transactions, including equity and debt financing, mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, corporate restructuring, and estate and succession planning.
Our experienced tax lawyers draw on the expertise of each member of their team to provide clients with sound tax advice that reflects an in-depth analysis of their tax issues. We help our clients understand and manage tax risks in order to maximize the return on their investments and operations.
Here is an overview of the main services we offer:
- Tax planning: We help you develop effective strategies to optimize your tax situation. Whether you’re a company or an individual, we take a close look at your situation and develop customized solutions to allow you to reduce your tax burden while complying with current laws and regulations.
- Corporate taxation: We provide comprehensive tax advice to companies of all sizes in all sectors. We can help you plan your company's tax situation, manage your tax obligations and obtain tax credits and incentives.
- Transactional taxation: We support you in the tax aspects of commercial transactions, such as mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, financing activities, real estate transactions and partnerships. We ensure that you receive a thorough analysis and optimize the tax implications of your transactions.
- Tax litigation: Our tax litigation team assists individuals and companies with audits carried out by tax authorities on matters of taxation, GST/QST or source deductions. Our team is well equipped to challenge reassessments issued by the tax authorities through notices of objection or appeals through the courts. Our tax advisors will work with you to develop solutions tailored to your needs and those of your company.
- International taxation: We handle disputes relating to customs regulations and/or audits, in such areas as customs duties, import-export procedures, tariff classification, origin of goods, transfer pricing and customs valuation. We assist our customers in managing and/or resolving customs disputes and ensure that their customs rights and obligations are respected. We also appear before administrative tribunals, in the context of judicial review and adjudication related to international trade investigations.
At DS Lawyers, we are recognized for our expertise in tax law and our commitment to our clients. We strive to provide you with personalized tax advice geared to your specific situation and to help you achieve your tax goals effectively and within the law. Our clients regularly call on us to represent them in discussions and negotiations with the tax authorities. We maintain productive, long-term relationships with these authorities, enabling us to represent them in the best interests of our clients.